Followers

Friday, January 11, 2008

Beginnings-The challenge has begun






I want to thank everyone for participating in our First Photo Challenge.  Although it will never replace John Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot, I hope it will come close to being successful as his challenge.  This challenge is dedicated to John Scalzi....

Thank you John for giving us the incentive to continue with a wonderful tradition!

I also want to thank a few extra people, Vicki, who along with myself put this whole project together,  Gina & Martha who have just started & have some wonderful ideas.  Thank you to a few Jlanders who have very popular blogs for promoting it!

THANK YOU EVERYONE who participated!

I am posting the links early because we had so many participants & I want to make sure that everyone's entries gets seen.  Any additional entries posted tonight will be added tomorrow morning.

Email votes to me, @  Mariebm56@aol.com
 beginning Saturday & ending Sunday at midnight. (see second entry for details-GUIDELINES)
Add the person's name,  name of journal, & permalink
subject area; Challenge VOTE

Moving on to the challenge & voting...Ü

Before sending in your votes, I want to emphasize that all entries need to be seen, in all fairness. 
1. Try to visit ALL entries before voting ,
2. THEN vote & remember to keep in mind,
    a.  best photo that represents the subject of the challenge.
    b. should be based on the quality of photo, take into consideration the     composition, light , color and/or contrast. 
   
Here are the 27 participants!!!

UPDATE:  No more entries.  These are the final participants...Ü
Make sure you visit all journals & try to leave comments on all.  Just to let them know you viewed their work.
Thank you~

myrdog

midwestvintage

pharmolo

ma24179

_rRose

madcobug

nay0114

inafrnz247

cmishvicki

nightmaremom

 fasttrack58

gehi6

lsfp1960

specialadyfink

nhd106

ryanagi

benu4444

oldetownephotos

stupidsheetguy

fowfies

cyn4mc2856

lifes2odd

monicasmemoirs

wwfbison


rbrown6172

rap4143

inquestoftruth

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie,
You have done such a wonderful job with this! I'm so proud to be a part of it (even though you have been the one doing all the work!). I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must be right now, I'm overwhelmed just seeing how many entries there are to view! I think it's really great that you dedicated this to John Scalzi :-)
Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

I agree with Martha...since I've been away most of this week, I was totally overwhelmed by all the activity taking place in my absence. Marie, great idea putting the links in an entry. It saves us from having to wade through all the comments!!!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

ryanagi link is opening to my image Marie...darn AOL.

Betty

Anonymous said...

i think it's great that you dedicated this 1st challenge to john.  i also want to thank you again for all your hard work in pulling this together.  you've done an outstanding job!  a special thanks for pooling all the entries here to make it easier on the voters as well....sheesh...this is tough!  so many wonderful entries to pick from.
gina

Anonymous said...

WoW that's a beautiful graphic .
I also want to thank you for all the work.I only participated once in a while when OUR BLOGFATHER did this but it was fun.
Glad you picked up the ball and ran with it ;)
connie

Anonymous said...

Hmm. My name is linked to someone else's entry. :-)
http://ryanagi.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The Master Procrastinator strikes again!
Here's mine:
http://journals.aol.com/inquestoftruth/InQuestOf/entries/2008/01/11/inquestof-beginnings/2352
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Nice graphic you made for this challenge and I'm glad you took over where John left off.  I didn't get to participate over the last year or so.  I did when he first started then work took over.  Anyway, I look forward to playing along when time permits.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Marie I think you have done a wonderful job of pulling this challenge together. The way you have them all listed is very good. I know that took up a lot of your time. I think they all have doen a beautiful job with their photos. It will really be a challenge for us to pick only one out of all these entry's. Your top graphic is beautiful. Thank you very much. Helen

Anonymous said...

Marie, be sure to let us know once all entries have been posted. I don't want to send you a vote until I know for sure. Martha :-)